Your Wellness Partner – Offered Through CAREpath
Mental health issues affect the health and well-being of 1 in 4 people, regardless of age, gender, or background. In Canada, workplace mental health issues are associated with an enormous degree of disability with significant emotional and financial burden to both members and employers. Research is showing there is a two-way connection:
- Stress and conflict in the workplace can contribute to mental health issues.
- Mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, or panic disorders, among others, can make it difficult for persons to perform their job, affecting concentration, decision-making, and communication with others.
This solution can help reduce the emotional and physical impact of such mental health concerns and provide a sounding board to treatment options and medical best practices.
Member / Spouse and Dependent Child(ren) over the age of 14
This program provides two levels of intervention: navigation and psychotherapy. Navigation is provided by baccalaureate level registered social workers and nurses who are qualified to assess mental health concerns, and to deliver psychoeducation and supportive counseling and coaching with the goal of enhancing self-care strategies and management of concerns. The role of the navigator is to ensure a smooth integration with the member’s existing circle of health/ medical care, and to provide assistance in navigating the mental health care system.
When navigation is not sufficient and psychotherapy is required for employees with more complex needs, our navigators enlist the services of one of CAREpath’s advanced clinicians; these are registered Master’s or PhD prepared social workers, nurses, or psychologists. We also provide timely access to psychiatric assessments and second opinions on a plan of care.
Program Process & Details
This mental health program offers multiple levels of support to provide the right guidance at the right time for anyone experiencing mild to severe mental health concerns, using primarily distance technologies including telephone and virtual resources (e.g., internet, mobile app, email, and secured video chat via Cleveland Clinic Express Care® Online).
- Initial assessment and navigation by a mental health nurse or social worker.
- Access to psychiatric assessment and family physician consultation. A referral to Medaca Health Group (MHG) may occur at time of intake or at any time along the trajectory.
- Psychoeducation and coaching for self-management strategies, supporting clients to be active partners in achieving wellness and where appropriate, return to work.
- A facilitated CBT program called “Mind Zone” delivered by mobile application for iOS and android.
- Psychotherapy by Masters/PhD prepared social workers, mental health nurses, and psychologists (including francophone).
Your Wellness Partner is designed to complement broad healthy-workplace strategies and community based mental health services, and to address gaps, improving the timeliness of service delivery. This is made possible by offering solutions that promote prevention and early intervention of mental health issues, acute mental illness, or chronic mental health conditions.
Your Wellness Partner provides counseling/psychotherapy to individuals, couples and families. Foundational therapeutic philosophy is informed by strengths-based/positive psychology theories. Advanced clinicians provide psychotherapy informed by a number of evidenced based approaches, including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)/Mindfulness Based CBT
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Behavioral Activation
- Motivational Interviewing
- Grief Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT) and couple’s’ therapy
- Sex Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Crisis Intervention
- Critical Incident Stress Management
Your Wellness Partner offers a range of online educational tools/materials/ modules to support members with emotional wellbeing through “Your Wellness Lounge”. These materials are accessible online. These include self-management /information tools and facilitated programs to be used in conjunction with counseling or psychotherapy. Examples are:
- Mind Zone via mobile application (CBT for depression/anxiety)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Solving Insomnia (with a tailoring for shift workers)
- Social Anxiety
- Substance Use: Alcohol
- Coping with Sorrow, Loss, & Grief
- Stress Management
- Emotional Regulation
- Managing Distressing Emotions
- Interpersonal Effectiveness at Work
- Return to Work Materials:
- My Recovery Plan (for RTW)
- Maintaining Wellness After Return to Work
- Planning to Return to Work
Mind Zone Mobile CBT Application
Mind Zone is one resource available within Your Wellness Partner. It is a CBT program for anxiety and depression delivered using mobile technology (iOS and Android). The program is informed by the latest evidence, including a review of 1600 peer reviewed articles examining 900 + clinical trials, with over 50,000 participants. The research is clear: facilitated, internet based CBT is cost-effective, accessible, convenient, and clinically effective.
CAREpath’s CBT mobile app was developed in collaboration with our digital development partner, QoC Health. QoC Health believes in evidence-based co-design practice, ensuring that end users of the solution are reviewing and designing the solution to fit their specific needs. The program was validated by psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, and advanced practice nurses. This team ensured the correct workflows for clients with mental health problems, including pathways for people identified as having more severe symptoms or chronic illness.
For an overview of all the programs available to you through CAREpath, watch the following navigation video to understand how this program can assist:
For more information on all of the programs CAREpath can offer you, visit their website below:
All interaction with CAREpath™ is strictly confidential.
The Your Wellness Partner program can be accessed directly at 1-844-453-6788 or through the NSTU at 1-800-565-6788, press 3 or email CAREpath™ at email@example.com