The HealthCareAssist Program
The HealthCareAssist program is a new comprehensive navigation service that provides NSTU members, spouses and dependent children with answers, guidance and support before, during and after treatment, in the event of an illness or health crisis.
HealthCareAssist provides individual case management of all types of medical conditions. These conditions include cardiovascular conditions, stroke, diabetes, kidney conditions, and multiple sclerosis, just to name a few. A Nurse Case Manager provides a single point of contact, creates continuity of care and ensures patients receive the right treatment, at the right time, in the right place.
HealthCareAssist combines CAREpath’s team of highly trained and caring nurses with Cleveland Clinic Canada’s global network of physicians and specialists.
Here is how HealthCareAssist helps:
- Dramatically improves the overall quality of care, recovery and outcomes
- Provides in-depth assessment of treatment plans to ensure they are consistent with medical best practice
- Explains options for tests and treatments specific for the individual
- Facilitates access to diagnostic tests, treatments and clinical trials
- Through Cleveland Clinic Canada, provides virtual doctor-to-doctor consults with the patient’s local treating physicians after completing medical second opinions
- Guides patients to alternate treatment locations in and outside Canada, when requested or required
- Delivers telephonically, making the service timely and efficient
For an overview of all the programs available to you through CAREpath, watch the following navigation video to understand how this program can assist:
For more information on all of the programs CAREpath can offer you, visit their website below:
The HealthCareAssist Program can be accessed directly at 1-844-453-6788 or through the NSTU at 1-800-565-6788, press 3.