Seniors’ Care Assistance Program
The Seniors’ Care Assistance Program is the only service in Canada that connects members, immediate family, and parents to a Registered Nurse who specializes in senior care assistance. The program helps members understand their senior care choices and ensure they get the right care every time.
The program is based on three main principles: Connect, Access and Care.
The Seniors’ Care Assistance Program will Connect you to publicly funded senior care resources. Bayshore HealthCare nurses will assess all funding options and financial queries and help you and your family understand and access alternative ways to pay. For example, Bayshore will help you:
- Understand and access the right care
- Calculate the total cost
- Break down what is payable out of pocket and what can be covered by the funding
- Find additional funding sources
- Access assistive devices
Bayshore HealthCare nurses will help you and your families manage Access to senior care and support services by finding and accessing services that are right for your family member. Bayshore will help you:
- Personally book appointments on their behalf with local health care support, including physicians, hospitals, nutritionists, paramedical practitioners or other providers
- Gather all medical records and other information required
- Complete all the necessary forms for services, funding or rebates
- Access other community and volunteer organizations that are geared towards senior support, such as local Meals on Wheels, transportation services or seniors helping seniors organizations
- Access physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, dietitian services, pain programs and other similar services
Bayshore also takes Care to ensure that recommended services such as nursing care, personal care, companionship, house cleaning, home retrofit and meal deliveries are fully assessed and approved by Bayshore HealthCare and are provided by organizations you can trust. Bayshore makes living at home easier by helping with:
- Meal Preparation
- Medication Reminder
- Light Housekeeping
- Seniors Injury Home Care / Case Management
- Escorting to trips
For an overview of all the programs available to you through CAREpath, watch the following navigation video to understand how this program can assist:
For more information on all of the programs CAREpath can offer you, visit their website below:
The Seniors’ Care Assistance Program can be accessed directly at 1-844-453-6788 or through the NSTU at 1-800-565-6788, press 3.