Long Term Disability
Effective August 1, 2014 – the NSTU Long Term Disability Plan is mandatory for all members without the ability to opt out unless the following condition has been met:
- Plan member is age 65 or has 35 years of pensionable service less accumulated sick leave.
Under the Teachers’ Provincial Agreement/APSEA Agreement, the Employer cost shares monthly premium with members by paying 50%. Some members are grandfathered at 70% of the monthly cost.
- 70% of gross monthly salary at time claim commences – taxable
- For long-term claims, benefit reduced by Workers’ Compensation and/or Canada Pension
- Rehabilitation benefit
- Cost-of-living benefit, outside the insurance contract
- Elimination period of 90 calendar days, or accumulated sick leave, whichever is greater
- Benefits payable to age 65
- Pension contributions are made by Member and Employer
Adjudicated by Manulife Financial
If you have any questions regarding the above, please call the Administrator, Johnson Inc., at 453-9543 or 1-800-453-9543 (toll-free).
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Visit the Johnson Inc. website: www.johnson.ca
Further details can be found by visiting the Johnson Inc. Members-Only website.