Mental Health Program – Offered Through Carepath Digital Health
Carepath’s Mental Health program was designed to promote prevention and early intervention for mental health issues, including acute mental illness and chronic mental health conditions. The program provides timely access to confidential support for those who need it, as well as return-to-work planning for members on sick leave or long-term disability.
The Mental Health program is committed to addressing gaps in access to community-based mental health services. This means all members will have:
- An initial assessment within 24-48 hours
- Access to care from anywhere in Canada, thanks to the use of distance technologies
Coverage and Program Details
Member / Spouse and Dependent Child(ren) over the age of 12
The Mental Health Program helps members and their families suffering from mild to severe mental health disorders, as well as those struggling mentally or emotionally due to another health condition or life event. The program provides psychoeducation and counseling to members and their families, providing multiple levels of support and guidance using distance technologies such as telephone and virtual resources (mobile app, email, and secured video call).
This program provides two levels of intervention: navigation and counselling/psychotherapy.
- Navigation is provided by qualified mental health clinicians, generally mental health nurses and clinical social workers, for those with mild to moderate distress. They provide assessment psychoeducation, supportive counseling, and coaching with the goal of enhancing self-care strategies and management of concerns. The role of the navigator is to ensure a smooth integration with the member’s existing circle of health/ medical care and to provide assistance in navigating the mental health care system.
- Counselling is provided by advanced practitioners, for members and their families (individual, couples) experiencing moderate to severe symptoms, including for chronic illness with mental health/wellness components.
- Psychotherapy is provided when navigation is not sufficient and psychotherapy is required for members with more complex needs. The program navigators enlist the services of one of Carepath’s advanced practitioners, including Masters/PhD prepared social workers, mental health nurses, or psychologists, each of whom has more than 10 years’ experience in psychotherapy. When the situation warrants, access to in-depth psychiatric assessment, consultation, and assistance with care planning is available.
The Mental Health Program is designed to complement broad healthy-workplace strategies and community based mental health services, and to address gaps, improving the timeliness of service delivery. This is made possible by offering solutions that promote prevention and early intervention of mental health issues, acute mental illness, or chronic mental health conditions.
Members and their families can access the Mental Health Program at any time. The diagram below outlines the process that you can expect when accessing the mental health support program.
The Mental Health Program teams of highly trained and skilled psychologists, social workers, and advanced practice nurses know the different types of therapies that work better for different people – and for different issues. The program provides a range of different evidence -based psychotherapies, which can be tailored to each member’s needs:
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)/Mindfulness Based CBT
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (for PTSD)
- Cognitive Behavioural Conjoint Therapy (for PTSD)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Grief Therapy / Complicated Grief Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Narrative Therapy
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
- Sex Therapy
The Mental Health Program offers a range of online educational tools/materials/ modules to support members with emotional wellbeing. These include self-management /information tools and facilitated programs to be used in conjunction with navigation or psychotherapy.
Mind Zone is one resource available within your Mental Health Program. It is a facilitated iCBT (Internet-based cognitive behavioral therapy) designed for mild to moderate levels of anxiety and depression, delivered using mobile technology (iOS and Android). The program is supported by a minimum of 4 sessions with a mental health clinician over the course of the 8-lesson intervention. The research is clear that facilitated, internet based CBT is cost-effective, accessible, convenient, and clinically effective.
A structured return-to-work (RTW) component is provided for those on sick leave/LTD that addresses planning for RTW and maintaining wellness after RTW. In this regard, we liaise with insurers who may share RTW responsibilities.
Top 5 Benefits
Stay tuned for information on Carepath’s new mobile app as well as a video and testimonials on how this program can assist you from people who have contacted Carepath.
For more information on all the Carepath programs can offer you, visit their website below:
All interaction with Carepath is strictly confidential.
The Mental Health Program can be accessed directly by contacting Carepath at: 1-844-453-6788 or 1-888-393-8267.