Optional Critical Illness Insurance
Member pays 100%
- Units of $10,000 up to $50,000 with no medical evidence of insurability (proof of health)
- Additional amount available to a maximum of $300,000 medical evidence of insurability required (proof of health)
- Lump sum tax free payment if diagnosed with one of the eligible critical illnesses
- 29 Conditions covered for member & spouse
- 20 Conditions covered for dependent children
- Pre-existing conditions clause applies unless you submit a medical questionnaire and are approved for coverage
- Benefits not payable for any life-threatening cancer made within 90 days following effective date and if diagnosed with one of the covered illnesses, there is a 30 day survival period
- Covered until 75th birthday for member and spouse. Dependent children covered until they are no longer eligible
For a complete breakdown of all of your benefits when you are retired under age 65 and the change when you are retired over age 65, click on the Retired Teachers Benefit Chart.
Underwritten by Desjardins Financial
If you have any questions regarding the above, please call the Administrator, Johnson Inc., at 453-9543 or 1-800-453-9543 (toll-free).
email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Johnson Inc. website: www.johnson.ca
Further details can be found by visiting the Johnson Inc. Members-Only website.