Optional Group Life Insurance & Spousal Life Insurance
Member pays 100%
Effective May 1, 2019 – Initial Amount increased to $100,000 member / $50,000 spouse. The initial amount of Optional Life Insurance has increased over the years, therefore, member may be insured for a lesser amount. The initial amount of $100,000 member or $50,000 spouse for a new member is not subject to medical evidence of insurability. However, a 24-month pre-existing condition clause applies.
Additional amounts available in units of $5,000. The overall maximum of Optional Life Insurance available is $300,000.
Spouse covered for $10,000 & Dependent Children covered for $5,000. Spouse can apply for an amount equal to or less than your amount of coverage.
- Can apply at any time under age 65. No application beyond age 65
- At age 70, the benefit will reduce to a maximum of $50,000. Anyone who has less than $50,000 of coverage would continue with the lesser amount
- Can be continued to age 85
- For amounts $100,000 and below for the member and $50,000 and below for the spouse, coverage takes effect the first of the month following receipt of the application. For all amounts that require medical evidence, coverage takes effect the first of the month following approval by the insurer.
- Conversion option available
For a complete breakdown of all of your benefits when you are retired under age 65 and the change when you are retired over age 65, click on the Retired Teachers Benefit Chart.
Underwritten by Manulife Financial
If you have any questions regarding the above, please call the Administrator, Johnson Inc., at 453-9543 or 1-800-453-9543 (toll-free).
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Visit the Johnson Inc. website: www.johnson.ca
Further details can be found by visiting the Johnson Inc. Members-Only website.