Resilience® (Employee and Family Assistance Program)
Resilience® is an Employee and Family Assistance Program for active NSTU members who have a permanent, probationary or term contract. Through Resilience® you can reach a team of experienced counsellors from Homewood Health who will listen to the issue, offer sound advice and help you create an action plan to address issues.
- Marital/family/separation/divorce/custody issues
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Personal adjustment problems
- Psychological disorders
- Anger management
- Retirement planning
- Aging parents/eldercare concerns
- Sexual harassment
- Gambling addiction
- Conflict resolution
- Weight, smoking and general health issues
The counselling is designed to: Provide support and understanding, help build coping skills, and teach ways to effectively manage issues and problems.
Plan Smart and Career Smart Services
Designed to allow you to take a proactive approach to every challenge and life transition and getting the information and support you need.
- Childcare and Parenting Caregiver Support Services
- Elder & Family Care Services
- Legal Advisory Services
- Financial Advisory Services
- Nutritional Support
- Career Counselling Services
- Retirement Planning Service
- Smoking Cessation Services
- Shift Worker Support
- Online Courses
- 12 Weeks to Wellness
Depression Care Services
Provides assistance for individuals suffering from certain types of depression.
- Health eLinks
- Health Risk Assessment
- Comprehensive Library of Medical Information
- Self-Care Starter Kit – This kit describes why self-care matters, why it’s important to take time to look after yourself, and how you can build a self-care plan to improve your quality of life. The Self-Care Starter Kit helps design a plan specifically for you by taking you through the following 4 steps:
1. Evaluating Your Coping Skills
2. Identifying Your Self-Care Needs
3. Barriers And Areas for Improvement
4. Creating Your Self-Care Plan
There are a number of E-Courses online as well at www.myresilience.com
Courses are broken into three categories:
- Courses for Employees or Family Members – Health and Well Being
- Courses for Employees – Career and Workplace Issues
- Courses for Key Persons and Supervisors
Outlined in the link below is a listing and brief description of the Wellness Sessions that are available through the NSTU Employee and Family Assistance program provider, Homewood Human Solutions™.
Please note: Wellness Sessions must be requested at least six to eight weeks in advance. These sessions should be scheduled between 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Any sessions scheduled outside these times will have a cost associated with them. Sessions require a minimum of 10 participants and should not exceed 35 participants. Additional costs will apply should you have a larger group.
Toll-Free Number – 24 hours, seven days a week – English: 1-877-955-NSTU (6788) or in French: 1-514-875-0720.
Counselling can be provided in a way that is most convenient and comfortable: in-person, by phone, or through a secure online service.
Access to all online features is available by visiting www.myresilience.com – Enter Plan Contract # (for the contract code see page 61 of your Member Diary).